Wednesday 16 November 2011

Character Attributes


My parents, Martin, a businessman and Seethamal married at very young age. My mother was only nineteen and my father was 28 when they got married. She got married upon my grandpa’s wish to witness his daughter’s marriage before his last breath as he survived from the second heart attack. Obeying to her father’s wish, she agreed for the marriage. Prior to this, Martin, a Christian by religion, who was eyeing on my mother came to the house for marriage proposal. Looking at his best behaviours and a good job, my grandpa got convinced and got him married to my mother. Few months after the marriage, my grandpa past away when he had his third attack. After a year of their marriage, I was born. Things began to change. My father was no longer the person he was during their marriage. I was five when his words made sense to me. There was one day, he came in a very dreadful manner and heavily drunken. Then, he shouted at my mother, “I’ve lost my job because of the jinx that you borne! My life was much better without you two!” as he slapped my mother. Deep in my heart, I corrected him, it was not two but three as my mother was pregnant with my brother.  His torture has been going on everyday and his bad temper worsens day by day. Then, one day he went out early in the morning as usual but never came back home. My little brother was 5 years when that happened, leaving the burden to raise two children all by herself.

(C)Sharlini.M.2011. All copyrights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment