Wednesday 23 November 2011

workshop

The screaming voice of my mother struck like a thunder in my ears. I knew that my father was back. Upon hearing her scream, I quickly dropped my pencil and left my mathematics sum unfinished to open my room door. Here, from the half opened door, I saw my drunken father beating my mom simultaneously with his belt. Wonder what bothered him today as he will start losing his temper over the most simplest thing such as delay in lunch. I was helpless for what I was witnessing right in front of my eyes. My sister who was standing by my side hugged me firmly and I manage to comfort her in my arms. However, I could not do anything to stop him as he is too strong. Tears role down my cheek and my heart was pounding fast for every single whip that rested on my mother's flesh. I wish I had those muscles and strength of his to fight back. For God sake, I felt my home like a cadaver laboratory as we represent the dead human bodies waiting to be experimented for having to go through this miserable moment every now and then.

 (C)Sharlini.M.2011. All copyrights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment